Kale is delicious. Anyone who is not aware of this needs a serious kale education. This dish is a simple way to try kale for the first time or as a true kale lover.
- Cavolo Nero or curly kale, about 1 handful per person
- 75g linguine per person
- Cherry tomatoes, again about a handful per person
- Feta cheese to serve
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
2. Chop kale and tomatoes while pasta is cooking.
I like to use these lovely mixed cherry tomatoes as they give great colour.
3. Chuck the kale in with the pasta when you have about 2 mins of cooking time left. Kale really doesn’t need long at all, it goes bitter if you over cook it.
4. When the pasta and kale are done turn off the heat and drain. Then return to the pan and throw in the tomatoes and warm through.
5. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and pepper, then sprinkle with crumbled feta.